Thursday, December 18, 2008

Coach Firings

This has been discussed everywhere over the past few days on ESPN, YES Network, MSG, etc. 6 coaches have been fired before Christmas. 6. That to me is very sad. Some I can't even see why they got fired. Others, well, here's a list and see for yourself:
  1. Maurice Cheeks-Philadelphia 76ers: Honestly, I believe that the GM of this franchise should be fired and not Cheeks. He's the one that signed Elton Brand (Stupid Move!) Cheeks, although he good-heartedly took the blame for all the teams misfortunes, should not be the one at fault here.
  2. Eddie Jordan-Washington Wizards: At an 11 game start of 1-10, DUH!!!
  3. P.J. Carlesimo-Oklahoma City thunder: Hmm, that's a tough one... NOT!!! At 2-26, they don't need a play book, they need a Prayer book!
  4. Reggie Theus-Sacramento Kings: After one season coaching this team, he should have been smart enough to quit!
  5. Randy Wittman-Minnesota Timberwolves: Now here's the deal with this, I honestly (and stupidly), thought that the T-Wolves were actually going to go somewhere, not the post-season, not yet, but somewhere. Obviously by looking at there record, I was dead wrong. Sorry Minnesota, not this year.
  6. Finally, Sam Mitchell-Toronto Raptors: This one's got me peeved. The Raptors were only 1 game under .500 when they hooked Mitchell. 1 game. The Nets were 10 under last season, and Lawrence Frank is still in the Coaching Position!!! This was a stupid decision by the franchise. I mean, the man was coach of the year 2 years ago! Why would you get rid of him! I truly feel bad for him because I think he's a great coach and he will be missed by Toronto, at least I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment